Sunday, June 30, 2013

Update to List, June 29

A birding friend, John Habig called me to ask about species that seemed to be missing from my list.  The major miss is Ring-billed Gull.  My first documented Ring-billed Gull was back in January 13 at South Beach at East Fork State Park.  I have seen quite a few since than in Milwaukee,  WI, in New Jersey, Delaware, Long Island, NY, Caesar Creek and Cowan Lake State Park, OH  and Chincoteague NWR in Virginia, but just neglected to record it.  Not sure why I did not include it--just an oversight.

Thanks, John, really appreciate it!  That's why it is a good idea to make the list available, which was excellent advice from Bob Ake.  Thanks, Bob. 

John also asked me about Ring-necked Pheasant, but I do no believe that I have had a Ring-necked Pheasant this year......yet.  This will be an easy one to find on the way elsewhere.

While I was updating the list, I corrected whip-poor-will to Eastern Whip-poor-will.

Ring-billed Gull raises the total to 522 and will be added to the list on January 13.        

No comments:

Post a Comment