Sunday, April 28, 2013

Black Point Park Again and to Key West, Friday, April 26

I also got a late start in the morning and arrived at about 10:00 am.  By searching on the internet I found the right location.  One continues past the main entrance to the boat marina, cross the bridge on the main entry road, and turn right into the parking area and continue to the dead end turn around circle.  Just before the circle is a wooden bridge to the paved path that borders the boat channel.  In the vicinity of the wooden bridge and the circle is where the Mangrove Cuckoos have been seen.  However, one needs to be here at dawn and maybe later in the day.  I was not successful this day but will try again on my way back from the Keys.  On my way down through the keys, a Magnificent Frigatebird, a new bird for the year, floated over the road.

Magnificent Frigatebird makes the total 365.  Tomorrow, I will be on the Yankee Freedom heading to Fort Jefferson and the Dry Tortugas.

Note:  I found a recent error in the total.  Probably due to rushing and to get out in the field birding or just because I was tired when I was writing the entry.  The total is now four less than I recalled, but I checked my hand written notes and the Excel spreadsheet that I use and both are consistent with 365, the current total.

No comments:

Post a Comment