Sunday, September 8, 2013

Further Update: September 9, 2013, from Gambel, Alaska

This is being posted from my Droid RAZR from Gambel, AK on the northwest tip of St. Lawrence Island only 38 miles from Russia (Chukotsk Peninsula).  I have not been able to update my blog due to lack of internet access and related computer issues.  When I left Arizona, my list was 630, having added 47 species in about eight days for my first visit to AZ for the year.  I flew to Salt Lake City and drove to Elko, NV, hiked up to Lamoille Lake (9740 ft elevation) and got the Himalayan Snowcock (3 of them and long distant photos!). Then I added Clark's Grebe near Salt Lake City on my way to the airport.  I flew directly to Anchorage, Alaska to join Dave Sonneborn and am now at Gambel.  My list is now 640 due to the addition of Northern Wheatear, Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, White Wagtail, Red-throated Pipit, Yellow-billed Loon, Steller's Eider, Spectacled Eider and Bluethroat.  I saw the Bluethroat well yesterday afternoon.  Four more days to go and still trying to resolve connectivity issues to fully update my blog.  I cannot update the link to my list right now.  I still have a lot of common birds to see and 700 now appears to be in range!

No comments:

Post a Comment