Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Got My New Wheels, January 03

I picked up my new car from Kings Dodge this afternoon and promptly drove for some birding on the way home.  I visited Grand Valley near Camp Dennison, where I added waterfowl and other land birds Northern Flicker, Bufflehead, Pied-billed Grebe, American Coot, Hairy Woodpecker, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Ruddy Duck and Lesser Scaup.  Then I stopped by nearby Kelly Nature Preserve near Miamiville and added Belted Kingfisher and Downy Woodpecker.  There was enough daylight left to stop at Armeleder Park again where I added Common Grackle  and Yellow-rumped Warbler.  All of these locations are within about 15 minutes of my house.  For the past 5-10 years, I have been doing a January list to try to see 100 species in Ohio in January.  That's why I know what to expect at these locations.  At the end of the day to total is 45 species for maybe 5 hours of birding at most.  I have temporary plates so I need to get the title back and insurance papers before driving too far from here.  The temporary plates expire the end of January.

1 comment:

  1. How great it must've been to drive your new car right out of the shop, no? How was the performance? I hope it matched, if not exceeded your expectations. Take care of it so it would serve you for a long time. Congratulations and good luck!
    Arlyne @ Spartan Toyota Scion

    ReplyDelete