Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Order New Car, More Local Birds January 02

I added Tufted Titmouse, Carolina Chickadee, Pileated Woodpecker, American Goldfinch, White-throated Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, European Starling and Cedar Waxwing in my yard and around an ornamental tree with fruit in my next door neighbor's yard.  Added Mourning Dove, Rock Pigeon, Red-tailed Hawk and Northern Mockingbird around Cincinnati and on my way to order my car.  I order a white Dodge Dart SXT with manual 6 speed transmission, Turbo Charged, with cruise control on the highway.  This provides fuel economy (37 mph, per specs) and enough power to get up to speed when entering the interstate highways.  I have a picture to be shown later taken on a trip to New Jersey.

After putting in my order, I drove my van to Armeleder Park to try for the Lapland Longpurs reported there, which do not get this far south in Ohio every year, but where probably pushed here by the Dec. 26 storm and cold weather.  I found Horned Lark, Lapland Longspur, Red-winged Blackbird,  Great Blue Heron, White-crowned Sparrow, Fox Sparrow, Killdeer, Northern Harrier, Cooper's Hawk, Canada Goose and Brown-headed Cowbird.  At the end of the day the total is 33 for about 3 hours of birding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment